Saturday, August 14, 2010

There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day anymore. 

So far the Oly training has been coming along quite nicely!  This past week, I experimented with combining more CrossFit WODs with the oly training.  Definitely have to choose the WODs wisely with this!  Tuesday night I did a double under/wallball 2fer WOD and the shoulders still felt destroyed Wednesday morning during my oly training.  Overall, it seems to work pretty well alternating between purely oly & accessory wods, and oly & CrossFit WODs.  So far over the past two weeks I don't feel as if I have lost any of my metcon capacity.  There have definitely been some off days as far as the CrossFit WODs go!  After six days in a row of oly/wods I did a WOD up at SnoRidge and felt like crap the whole time. 

So far, it seems a compromise between oly lifts and CrossFit WODs is a very good option.  I am still pondering ways to combine the two most effectively, and it will probably take a lot of tweaks.  Nothing like more experimenting! 

I will try to keep updating my training progress more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment