Thursday, October 15, 2009

Half Way There!


Day 15!

The past 14 days have proved to be both mentally and physically demanding. It feels like we have finally come to the point of being near our max loads and now we are trying to breakthrough those barriers and get even stronger.

The first hurdle, at least for me, was getting over the fact that I would be gaining weight, and some fat. After gaining around 10 pounds thus far, and building a little bit of an insulating layer, it is getting easier for me focus on the end result of this experiment. Even though the weights keep getting heavier and heavier, I am confident that the end result will be a drastic increase in overall strength, which should lend to being able to work at a higher intensity and hopefully a reduction in times.

The first three days of this week proved to be extremely demanding physically. I find that it is still not very hard to finish the gallon, but it is increasingly hard to keep putting down the normal meals. The constant feeling of fullness has become just a way of life these past couple weeks. At first, it seemed like I was always at the point of overflowing, but since hitting much heavier loads, that feeling has subsided. Speaking of loads, the squats and dead-lifts never seem to get any easier.

Along with the heavy weights, I have definitely noticed a considerable gain in mass. I definitely feel bigger (not only fatter). My leg size has increased, along with my arms and back. Comparing my results to Jeremy's at this point is kind of interesting to see just how milk effects different people. While I started at a weight of 175# and a fairly low BF%, I am starting on a nice little spare tire. Jeremy, starting at around 167#ish, and a slightly higher BF% has stayed relatively lean and not gained quite as much weight.

It will be interesting to see what the next 15 days hold in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment