Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday, Oct. 3rd



Day 3 of Gomad is almost complete! So far things are going good. It's really not very hard to drink a gallon over the coarse of the day. I would have to say that it is definitely interesting so far. This past week was a brutal week of WODs that left me feeling absolutely worked! I'm interested to see how next week fairs. I have a feeling the weights will jump up a bit more than I was expecting, but only time will tell. I will try to keep track of everything that goes on during this month of GOMAD. Once we are affiliated and start training more and more people, I hope that they can look back on my experiences with GOMAD and hopefully learn something and be able to decide if it's worth it to them.

The first couple of days, my body really seemed to adjust to the mile quite well. This was a bit surprising as before I began GOMAD I hadn't had milk for probably close to a year. After starting GOMAD I realized how good milk is, and I am still contemplating adding it back into my diet. That decision will come at the conclusion of the month of GOMAD.

So far I would have to say the one downside is that it is a lot harder to drink as much coffee as I used to. However, this is probably for the better anyways. It is also a little bit tougher to drink water throughout the day, as for me at least, I always feel full.

Work continues to progress on the Compound, and things are really starting to come together. Hopefully, we will get our quote from Rogue on Monday so that we can choose who we are going to go with and get the equipment paid for and on its way. I started cutting the pipe for the pullup rack today, and hopefully with an extra set of hands we should be able to pound the rest of it out in a few hours. A couple test fittings are on the way to make sure they fit the pipe, and then once they do I'll order the rest and we should have the badass pullup rack all setup for opening day.

On another note, Jeremy, Kim, and I are all signed up for a Level 1 cert in February, so we can hopefully become affiliated by the April timeframe, and really start working with more people and getting them fit. I personally am getting really excited to start training others and helping them become fitter and healthier and perhaps become the next firebreather!

No comments:

Post a Comment