Monday, November 15, 2010

Saturday Fun

Jeremy, Michelle and I came up with a nasty little WOD.  It was short and heavy.

AMRAP in 10 min. of
3 Front Squats (bodyweight)
10 Box jumps (24"/20")

rest 2 min., then:

Max muscle-ups in 4 min.

9 rounds + 15 muscle-ups (205#)

I decided to up the weight a bit and went with 205#.   This was a good choice for me.  Also, rather than use the rack, I decided to squat clean all of the first reps.  My legs were still sore from the 200 squats I did on Thursday, so the front squats felt plenty heavy.  The two minute rest seemed to disappear rather quickly, and the muscle-ups were pretty tough after this AMRAP.  I tried to do as many muscle-ups as I could without a false grip.  I got 3 in a row to start things off, then went for another 3 and failed the third.  Did one more to get a total of 6 regular grip muscle-ups, then switched to the false grip and hit a total of 15.  It's pretty fun doing something like max muscle-ups after wearing yourself out in a WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment