Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tuesday was a tough WOD.  Didn't have a ton of time since I wanted to get in before work. 

AMRAP in 20 min. of:
10 Squat Snatch (95#)
10 Ring Dips
10 KTE

6 +4 snatches.  This was a weird one.  The snatches felt super light, and I had no problem with all the squatting.  The ring dips were never an issue either, and did almost all the rounds unbroken.  I just spent a lot of time resting, trying to get my grip back.  I simply couldn't hold onto the bar anymore on the snatches and KTE.


This morning, Tom stopped by before work and of course we had to throw down on todays WOD.

"Lumberjack 20"
20 Deadlifts (275#)
run 400m
20 KB swings (2pd)
run 400m
20 OHS (115#)
run 400m
20 Burpees
run 400m
20 CTB Pull-ups
run 400m
20 Box Jumps (24")
run 400m
20 DB squat cleans (45#)
run 400m

23:09 Rx.  This is a brutal WOD.  Last time I did this one, I ended up using the women's weights because my back was messed up, and then after this one my back was destroyed for several months.  It's amazing how things have changed over almost a year.  I tried to get a little bit of a lead since I knew Tom was going to be strong on the OHS's, and runs.  Blew through the deadlifts, and took off in front.  Took a couple extra seconds before starting the KB swings and finished just in front of Tom.  Sure enough, he went unbroken on the OHS, and I lost balance and dropped it at 10, then again at 13, then finished the set out.  I gained back a little ground on the burpees, and CTB pull-ups, but my runs were slow.  I think tomorrow will be a skill day, maybe work on some gymnastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment