Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some Experimenting

Time to get back to Wendler, and some more oly work.  I'm mixing things up a bit for this cycle of Wendler and doing a little experiment.  Since my deadlift is not really a weak area for me, I'm taking it out of this cycle.  Instead, I'm going to deadlift heavy at least once a week now.  With my new 1 month goal of completing "King Kong," I'm going to try something a little different.  I'm going to try a Wendler cycle with squat cleans.  We'll see how this works...I'm betting it's going to be tough!  In addition to getting back to the Wendler cycles, I'm going to start focusing again on the Snatch, and also some Jerks. 

Monday:

Press, working load of 145#
60/75/90
5x95
5x110
5+x125  x9 reps

Snatch Push Press: 5x3

95/105/115.  These are a little weird to get used to.  Still going with lighter weights to work on them and get used to the movement.

Barski Snatch:  work up to 75% x3x5  (no straps, no setting the bar down.  All reps from the hang)

125#.  These were tough.  I really tried to focus on being fast under the bar.  These definitely build a little confidence in jumping under the bar.  The last few sets got tough on the third reps.

WOD:

3 Rounds
1 min. max rep pull-ups
1 min. max rep ring dips
1 min. rest

*45# vest

19/13, 18/11, 18/10.  I forgot how tough weighted dips are!  The pull-ups felt pretty good yesterday.  First set was 9 reps with standard overhand grip.  Quickly switched to a mix grip and then most of the reps in the second and third round were "chin-up" grip.

Now off to today's training!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I like your idea of incorporating the Squat Clean into your Wendler Cycle.

    ReplyDelete