Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pistols and HSPU's

Since I'm still taking it easy on the heavy lifting, and since Mondays are usually my squat day, I really felt like doing some pistols.  I was originally looking at doing a kind of variation of "Mary,"  but Jeremy and I kind of changed things up and decided to just do a couplet of HSPU's and pistols.  Our original thought of a 20 minute AMRAP would have been absolutely brutal.  I think we made the right decision as far as time domains go.  Probably would have been good to change the rep scheme a bit or maybe add one more exercise, but it still kicked my ass so all good.

AMRAP in 15 min. of:

3 HSPU
12 Pistols

14 rounds.

The HSPU's felt pretty good throughout this one.  I even did a couple freestanding HSPU's on accident.  The pistols felt strong, even towards the final rounds.  All in all, a good little WOD, and with a little tweaking, it would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment