Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday 2fer

Yesterday was a fun day! Jeremy and I headed down to the Bat Cave (Allen's new spot). Allen came up with a killer WOD for us:

In teams of 2, with only 1 person working at a time:
50 deadlifts (225#)
4 prowler pushes (hi/low)
2 rope climbs
30 deadlifts
4 prowler pushes
4 rope climbs
20 deadlifts
4 prowler pushes
6 rope climbs

Jeremy and I took on Allen and Ryan. We clocked in at 12:06. Prowlers are awesome!

I decided to get another wod in last night up at the ridge, and this morning I'm questioning just how bad of an idea that really was.

2009 games wod:
3 rounds
30 wallballs (to 10.5ft)
30 snatches (75#) (movement must start below the knee)

18:57

I now know why so many of the competitors were complaining of their lower backs seizing up! Holy crap this was a low back destroyer. About half way through I found it was easier for me to just start from the ground every rep, rather than start in the hang and lower below the knees and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment