Sunday, October 24, 2010

PR Day!

Starting to chip away at goals!  It's feeling really good!  So today, Jeremy and I decided to work on some overhead squats, since we both rarely work on them.  We started warming up and then started stacking the weight on.  We just kept adding 20 pounds at a time, and just kept going.  We both PR'd, and both passed a major milestone!

Jeremy hit 175# or his bodyweight!

I hit my bodyweight (185#), and then proceeded onward and upward to 200#!  It felt really solid and probably could have gone heavier, but my wrists were getting pretty sore so called it a day with a big time PR.


Rob and Rona came over for a WOD today and we came up with a nasty little one.  Rob, Rona, and Jeremy all picked an exercise and then I helped come up with some rep schemes.

AMRAP in 15 min. of:
2 Power cleans (185#/115#)
4 Pistols
8 Burpees

I got 13 rds. +1 power clean.  The power cleans felt pretty heavy today, but overall everything felt pretty good in this WOD.  My knees did better than I thought they would, so maybe all of this mobility work I've been doing is really paying off!  Definitely felt pretty spent after this one!

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day!  Tom, Sean, and I are heading down to Rainier CrossFit to play with some stones, and who knows what else, with Kurtis.  I'm sure he'll come up with an ass kicker of a WOD for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment