Friday, October 8, 2010

Whole Lot of Squatting and Some Climbing

Yesterday was actually a really fun (in a very painful kind of way) WOD! Hit up the SnoRidge and warmed up with some Turkish Get-ups (man these things are weird!). Got my deadlift deload out of the way, and then Tom and I proceeded to delay and stall a horrible looking WOD.

95# back squat, 50 reps
5 rope climbs, 15ft
115# back squats, 40 reps
4 rope climbs, 15ft
135# back squats, 30 reps
3 rope climbs, 15ft
155# back squats, 20 reps
2 rope climbs, 15ft
175# back squats, 10 reps
1 rope climb, 15ft

16:18 Rx

I ended up doing the first 50 squats unbroken, broke the 40 into 20/10/10, broke 30 into 15/10/5, 20 into 12/8, and the final 10 unbroken. Tough WOD! Completely smoked by the end. Tough mentally - trying to figure out how far to push the squats. Ended up having to rack a few times due to my shoulders screaming and my elbows starting to drop on the squats.

I think I'm going to start following the mainsite a little more. I've really been liking the programming they have been posting ever since the games. Plus it will be easier to work in my oly lifts and wendler cycles. Hmmmmm.... So many things to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment