Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"PRP" Day, but more importantly PR day!

So plans changed again yesterday.  Constantly varied right?  So I really wanted to get a CF Total done, and Tom and I were having a tough time lining up schedules.  Well, I got off work early yesterday, and talked him into doing it.  It probably wasn't the best idea after a bunch of squats last Thursday, and then "Barbara" on Saturday.  Oh well, never going to be the perfect time to do it right? 

Squat:  315/345/355f/350  (took one more attempt to find true 1RM.)
Press: 165f/165f/160
Deadlift: 455/480/495/500

After PR'ing by a huge number on my deadlift and hitting 480, I really wanted to break 1000# on my total so I went for 495.  Hit 495.  Then Tom was getting ready for one last pull, and while he was resting I went for one more attempt at my goal of 500#.  I figured at that point I had already broken 1000# on my total so there was really nothing to lose, and with pulling 495# I was SO close!  Well, got the bar loaded, barely enough room, psyched myself up and pulled 500#!  Holy crap that was heavy!  So glad I took one more attempt and went for 500#.  Check my 1 month goal done! (only a few days early)

So I guess I need to come up with some new 1 month goals.  I will keep pondering those for a few days, and then I will post them up when I figure them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment