Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Oly Day

So after watching the CrossFit/USAW open the whole weekend, I just had to do some snatches and some clean & jerks.

Worked my way up to a max in both today.  Finally hit 160# on the snatch.  Still need to work a lot on getting under the bar faster.  As Burgener would say, I need to be a "junkyard dog."  Was getting a little better on the last couple snatches.

First hit 205# on the clean and jerk pretty easily.  Went up to 215#, hung out too long at the bottom of the dip, ended up pressing it out to finish.  Went up to 220# and really tried to shorten and speed up my dip and drive.  Felt much better and nailed it pretty good.  Slight arm bend on my right arm.

Then I went for a little metcon to finish things off.  Decided to save the triplet from the open for another day.  So I went with a CF Football WOD.

AMRAP in 12 min. of:
3 Handstand push-ups
5 Pull-ups
7 Knees-to-elbows

10 rds Rx.  Was kind of surprised with how well I did with the HSPU's.  Perhaps they are coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment